On The Town with Jan Carson – March 2016
That magical, mesmerizing Motown sound comes alive again on April 8 as the Partnership for Baylor College of Medicine presents “A Tribute to the Magic of Motown.” A spectacular lineup of vocal talent, backed by the Kashmere Reunion Stage Band orchestra, will return guests to the era of Hitsville, USA as they rock Revention Music Center to the rafters. The leadership of co-chairs Robin Young-Ellis and Carol Sawyer, along with the generous support of major underwriters Lester and Sue Smith guarantees a huge success for The Lung Institute of BCM. Don’t miss the fun… call 713-798-5460 for tickets.
A TIME FOR MOORES
UH Moores School Of Music
PHOTO CREDIT: FULTON DAVENPORT
Moores School of Music at the University of Houston is renowned for its star musical talent, and so it was fitting that the entertainment for its 29th annual gala benefit was a tribute concert billed as “Barbra & Frank, The Concert That Never Was.” Underwritten by gala chairs Tom Becker and Jim Rosenfeld, the crowd-pleasing Las Vegas entertainment featured Sharon Owens and Sebastian Anzaldo performing hit songs of Barbra Streisand and Frank Sinatra. Kudos to the Moores School Jazz Orchestra for its flawless performance, and for honoree Sybil Roos for her devoted support of the Moores School.
1) Moores School of Music Director Andrew Davis with Moores Society Board President Rhonda Sweeney and honoree Sybil Roos, on the eve of her 92nd birthday.
2) Co-chair Jim Rosenfeld with Susan Falgout and co-chair Tom Becker.
3) Tim Connolly and Jan Carson were Honorary Chairs of the “A Time for Moores” annual gala.
4) Glenn Bauguss with Martha Turner.
5) Philanthropist Margaret Alkek Williams with Moores School of Music Director Andrew Davis.
HOUSTON CHRONICLE 2016 BEST DRESSED
March Of Dimes
PHOTO CREDIT: PRISCILLA DICKSON
It was a big night at Neiman Marcus as the 2016 Best Dressed honorees were introduced by Houston Chronicle Chairman Jack Sweeney to rousing applause from friends, family and fashionista fans. The 10 community leaders will be formally presented on the runway at a March 22 luncheon benefiting the March of Dimes, chaired by Best Dressed Hall of Famer Yvonne Cormier. Three of the honorees – Mary Tere Perusquia, Susan Sarofim and Rosemary Schatzman – will be inducted into the Best Dressed Hall of Fame.
1) The 2016 Houston Chronicle Best Dressed Honorees: (from left) Laura Davenport, Gayla Gardner, Mary Tere Perusquia, Susan Sarofim, Winnell Herron, Rosemary Schatzman, Millette Sherman, Sippi Khurana, Isabel David and Stephanie Cockrell.
2) Philip and Denise Bahr.
3) Honorees Stephanie Cockrell and Laura Davenport with 2016 Best Dressed Hall of Fame honoree Rosemary Schatzman, who chaired the 2015 Lumcheon.
4) Past honorees Gina Gaston with Carol Linn and Jana Arnoldy at the Best Dressed Announcement party at Neiman Marcus.
5) Ashley Brown and her mother Julie Brown join Lily Andress and Vicki West in applauding the honorees.
“BELIEVE IN MAGIC”
Camp For All Gala
PHOTOS: MICHELLE WATSON; CATCHLIGHT GROUP
Such is the fervor of Camp for All supporters that when their “Believe in Magic” gala came tantalizing close to the $1 million mark, an anonymous donor gave $70,000 to put the event over the top! A record crowd of 800 turned out to support the event that raises funds for the more than 10,000 campers who attend the special needs camp each year. Co-chairs Bonnie Kelley Dienna and Susan Martin made the magic happen by enlisting honorees Brad and Joanna Marks and Joe Blount to help generate excitement and support.
1) Camp for All gala honorees Brad and Joanna Marks.
2) Gordon and Pat Sorrells. Pat is President and CEO of Camp for All.
3) Camp for All gala honoree Joseph H. Blount, Jr. with Leigh Ann Blount.
4) Co-chairs Pete and Bonnie Kelley Dienna with Susan and Tom Martin, who were thrilled with the gala’s success.
5) Camp for All Founders Paul Gerson, Larry Neuhaus and Bob Zeller.
OUT AND ABOUT
PHOTO CREDITS: JACK POWER
An evening of surprise guests, Las Vegas showgirls and Mardi Gras pageantry made the 20th annual San Luis Salute a night to remember as we see in this month’s Out and About, while The Partnership for Baylor College of Medicine is busy planning for its April 8th “Magic of Motown” benefit gala and the UT Health Fund continues to celebrate an amazingly successful year for fund raising.
1) Joy and Vic Fertitta at the 20th annual San Luis Salute “Gotham City” which drew 1,700 Mardi Gras revelers for a high energy extravaganza featuring a showstopping performance by none other than Pitbull.
2) While Captain Mark Kelly made an appearance from the International Space Station, brother Scott Kelly and his wife, former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, joined guests at San Luis Salutes Gotham City.
3) “Magic of Motown” co-chairs Robin Young-Ellis and Carol Sawyer plan for the fabulous April eighth musical tribute to Hitsville, USA benefiting The Lung Institute at Baylor College of Medicine.
4) Dr. Barbara and David Gibbs hosted a celebratory party with UT Health President Dr. Giuseppe Colasurdo in honor of UT Health Fund success, and the recent $75 million gift to the medical School from the John P. McGovern Foundation.
5) Enjoying a Partnership for BCM kickoff party for the April 8 “A Tribute to the Magic of Motown” are co-chair Robin Young-Ellis along with Jamie Walter and Bain Pearson.
On The Town with Jan Carson – March 2016
VISIT our facebook.
Please e-mail me your latest information and party pics at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On The Town with Jan Carson March 2016