On The Town with Jan Carson October 2015
Very few Houston fundraising events have the long history of the Assistance League of Houston’s Mary Jo Peckham Luncheon and Fashion Show, which is now in its 24th year! This year’s event will be held on Oct. 1 and honors Kathryn and Jeff Smith. Three sisters – Liz Jameson, Ann Berry and Leila Gilbert – founded the luncheon as a tribute to their late mother Mary Jo Peckham, who was very involved in ALH programs to help disadvantaged children and families. Call 713-526-7983 to reserve your tickets.
HEART OF FASHION
Texas Legacy Foundation
PHOTOS: MICHELLE WATSON/CATCHLIGHT
Fashion that gives back to the community is the mission of a new runway designer celebration called “Heart of Fashion.” The three-day event will take place Nov. 18-20 at the Million Air Houston hanger, which will be transformed into a vast “fashion cloud.” Founder Vivian Wise and her team staged a kick off at Station #3 and announced that several charities including Legacy Community Health Services will benefit from proceeds. Tickets are available only through heartoffashion.com.
1) The Heart of Fashion team: Jerod Dame, Katie Turpin, Heart of Fashion founder Vivian Wise and Charles Ward at the media launch at Station #3.
2) Adriana Banks and Katie Lucia were among the 150 fashionistas supporting Heart of Fashion.
3) Jailyn Marcel, Shanna Jones, Felice Sloan and Kara Smith at the Heart of Fashion kickoff.
4) Randi McBroom, Ashley Holden, Taylor DeMartino and Lauren Hogan.
5) Heidi Hite, Braden Doyle and Sari Kern were in the crowd.
SUMMER SPEAKER SERIES
CHI St. Luke’s Health
PHOTOS: MARYSUE BONETTI
Breathtaking Aspen mountain views provided a scenic backdrop for the Fifth Annual St. Luke’s Foundation Summer Speaker Series, sponsored by CHI St. Luke’s Health. Sylvie and Gary Crum opened their gorgeous home for the evening, which featured remarks by James Willerson, M.D, and experts in the fields of stem cell therapy and lung research and treatments. The crowd included summer residents such as Sue and Lester Smith and many others who flew in from Houston for the event.
1) Charles Ofner with host Gary Crum, Judy Allen and Marie Wise at the St. Luke’s Foundation Summer Speaker Series.
2) David Sugarbaker, M.D., director of the Lung Institute of Baylor St. Luke’s, with Charlie Herder and John and Kathy Orton in Aspen.
3) Janet and Leonard Tallerine were among CHI St. Luke’s supporters attending the Speaker Series.
4) Lester and Sue Smith joined the crowd of 75 guests.
5) Kevin Lofton, CEO of Catholic Health Initiatives, and Sabrina Shannon at the Aspen home of Sylvie and Gary Crum.
ESCAPE Celebrity Serve Benefit
PHOTOS: JEFF GRASS PHOTOGRAPHY
There were “Superheroes” galore at the ESCAPE Celebrity Serve Benefit, which drew 250 guests in support of child abuse prevention programs and parenting classes at the ESCAPE Family Resource Center. The high energy evening drew real-life heroes including Apollo astronauts Gene Cernan and Walt Cunningham, along with former U.S. Navy SEAL Rob O’Neill. The antics of the caped celebrity crusaders helped raise more than $300,000 for the evening.
1) Event co-chairs Gerald Franklin and Joan Schnitzer Levy with special guest former U.S. Navy SEAL Rob O’Neill and his girlfriend Laura Godfrey at the ESCAPE Celebrity Serve Benefit.
2) Michael Garfield, a.k.a. “Captain America”, with “Spiderwoman” Robin Young Ellis and “Superman” Ron Trevino of KHOU-TV/11 vamp for photographers at the ESCAPE benefit.
3) Houston Fire Fighter Calendar model “Mr. January” Sedrick Robinett with KTRK-TV ABC/13 anchor Dave Ward.
4) Lane Craft and fiancée Chita “Thor Goddess of Thunder” Johnson, with ESCAPE board member Courtney Zubowski and her husband, Dr. Eric Haas.
5) Judge Bonnie “Wonder Woman” Hellums, ESCAPE CEO Lidya Osadchey and Bonnie’s husband Carel “Superman” Stith.
OUT AND ABOUT
PHOTOS: DANIEL ORTIZ;
CRAIG BARRITT/GETTY IMAGES FOR OMEGA
It’s been a busy summer for former Houston Oilers’ quarterback Dan Pastorini, whose Dan Pastorini Charity supports a number of local nonprofit organizations. He helped kicked off National Literacy month for the Barbara Bush Houston Literacy Foundation and showed his support for Bum Phillips Charities.
1) Former Houston Oilers’ quarterback Dan Pastorini joins Don Trull, another former quarterback for the Houston Oilers, and Charles Alexander, two-time All-American and Heisman Trophy finalist, to help kick off National Literacy month for the Barbara Bush National Literacy Foundation.
2) Dr. Julie Baker Finck, president of the Barbara Bush Houston Literacy Foundation, joins HISD Trustee Greg Meyers and Maria Bush, Co-Chairman of the Barbara Bush Houston Literacy Foundation, for the AdvoCare Texas Reading event.
3) Wayne Franklin, M.D. with his wife Rachel McNeill and Dan Pastorini at Timberline Fitness Studio where the former Houston Oilers quarterback gathered supporters of his foundation, Dan Pastorini Charity. The #LuvYaBlue event celebrated Bum Phillips.
4) Sports writer Kenny Hand with former Houston Oiler Don Trull at the Dan Pastorini Charity event.
5) Oilers’ fan Pete Gonzalez showed his undying allegiance to #LuvYaBlue.
VISIT our facebook.
Please e-mail me your latest information and party pics at email@example.com.
On The Town with Jan Carson October 2015